(JANUARY 30, 2023) - AEP Texas is preparing for Winter Storm Mara that is predicted to affect parts of the AEP Texas service territory over the next few days, particularly in west and north Texas. Freezing temperatures and high winds could result in local pockets of outages in these areas.
AEP Texas is taking the following steps to prepare for possible outages:
- We are closely monitoring the weather as it develops. Our districts are on alert, and AEP Texas crews are on standby. We also are bringing in additional line and tree trimming crews.
- Business partners will be available to supplement our work force needs.
- Storerooms are working to make sure replacement equipment is available.
What customers can do to prepare:
- Consider any downed power lines to be energized and dangerous. Please stay at least ten feet away from the area and report the hazard by calling 1- 866-223-8508.
- Customers on life support or other medical equipment that relies on electricity need to have a backup plan in the event of an extended outage. We will do everything possible as quickly as safely possible; however, we cannot guarantee how long restoration may take.
Corporate Communications Manager, AEP Texas